Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic
The Canes Depend on Us! Shouldn’t You?
Our roots in providing orthopaedic medicine to central and eastern NC can be traced back to 1919. The original founders, Dr. Hugh Thompson, Dr. Walter Hunt, and Dr. Tom Dameron named the practice Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic in 1959. These physicians were pioneers and innovators in the field of orthopaedic surgery, and that tradition has continued throughout our existence.
The orthopaedic surgeons and staff of Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic (ROC) are committed to providing the highest quality musculoskeletal care available in the Triangle and surrounding regions of central North Carolina.
Our teams of orthopaedic professionals utilize the advantage of a group practice to provide convenient, cost-effective, patient oriented medical care.
Our ultimate mission is to be your provider of choice for orthopaedic surgery/medical care.
- 23 orthopaedic surgeons, all Board Certified in their respective specialty areas
- 2 physiatrists, specializing in non-surgical management of orthopaedic conditions
- 1 podiatrist, specializing in conservative alternative methods of treatment to the foot/ankle
- 15 Mid-level Providers (12 Physicians Assistants & 3 Nurse Practitioners)
- Our practice covers all subspecialty areas: o Foot/Ankle o General Orthopaedic Care o Hand Surgery o Pediatric Orthopaedics o Physiatry o Podiatry o Shoulder and Elbow Surgery o Spine Surgery o Sports Medicine o Total Joint Replacement and Revisions
- Experienced support staff, many with advanced training, licensure and certifications
- Professional Leadership – officers of NC Medical Society, NCOA, AAOS, Southern Orthopedic Association, Spine Society, Hand Society
- Multiple locations – Cary, Garner, North Raleigh and Raleigh
- Convenient on-site services including x-ray, MRI, EMG/Nerve Conduction studies, Physical Therapy, Hand Therapy, Industrial Rehab, Orthotics & Pedorthics, Sonorex and Durable Medical Equipment
- Electronic medical records available to our providers when they are at any office, hospital, home or when they are out-of town
- Surgery privileges at Rex Hospital, WakeMed Hospital and HealthSouth Blue Ridge Surgery Center
- Committed to research, training and education
- Team Orthopedist for the Carolina Hurricanes 1997-2004, 2006-current
- Team Physicians for NCSU for more than 30 years
- Orthopedic Physician for the Carolina Ballet
- Team Physicians for local schools – Sanderson, Millbrook, Broughton, Knightdale, SE Raleigh, Garner
- Athletic Performance Center – a facility dedicated to optimizing the sports performance of healthy and injured athletes of all ages
Click here to learn more about Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic.